Saturday, July 9, 2011

Wedding day

For those of you just joining me, I am writing about the process of creating a made to order neckpiece for an Australian bride.   The wedding was Feb. 12th, 2011.  I promised the bride I would not post pictures until after the wedding ,so I didn't start this blog until that time.  The dates at the top of each post refer to the dates covered.

Feb. 12, 2011

The day of the big wedding.  I emailed good wishes to the bride, and assumed all was well since I hadn't heard differently.  On the evening of the 12th, I received this message:

  Thank you Betty, I could not have dreamed up a more perfect day. It was such a memorable experience. My neck piece felt amazing to wear, I am soooo happy with it. It was perfect! Everyone was amazed by it, they are eager to see more of your work! I can't thank you enough! You did such an incredible job.

The bride sent a couple of snapshots of the wedding, but it really didn't show the neckpiece very well.  She said that she would send some of the professional photos she had taken as soon as she got them.  I have not received them yet, but when I do get them I will be sure to post them.  I never thought to ask permission to post the snapshots, so I don't feel comfortable posting them here.  But I did take lots of photos before I sent the piece off.  So here they are!!

the pile of necklace ready to pack

the finished piece- front


the finished piece- back

side detail

closeup of clasp

backside of neckpiece







Thank you all for showing so much interest in this project.  It has been fun "reliving" it through it blog and getting your feedback.

I hope you will all continue to follow me.  I have lots of ideas for new posts that I think you will find interesting. And I am always open to suggestions.  So till next time.......!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Betty, this is the most exquisite beaded masterpiece I have ever seen. I've seen good stuff, believe me - your own pieces included, but this is the absolute best. The planning, the trial and error, the length of time it took.... I can't even imagine it even with the blog posts, and I've read them all. All I know is I'm in love with it, and in awe of your talents. I do so dearly hope that the bride does finally send you pictures...maybe she needs another friendly nudge!!! It's just wowowowowowowow!!!!!!!!! I'll be coming back to this post and drooling over these pictures time and again, I assure you!

    I do have 2 questions, though... do you think you'd ever do anything this involved ever again and how did you end up shipping it? Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can see is hours and hours and hours of time, effort and love put into this piece. It is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty what a masterpiece !!!! you are such a very talented artist. !!!

    Dora

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is absolutely stunning! Thanks for letting us join you on the journey through this piece!

    ReplyDelete